Rollover Image to Magnify
Oil on canvas in gold frame. Painting of a field with a haywagon being pulled by two oxen. Painting is signed on proper lower right "F. McCay". Written on label on back "George Gray (1825-1900) on load of hay at farm on West Road, owned by William Pabodie and descendants from 1684-1762. Farm belonged to Gray family from 1762-1960. Now J. William Middendorf place. LCHS". Written in ink on back of paper: "George Gray 1828-1900/on a load of hay/he lived in the Wm. Pabodie, Jr. house, later Middendorf." Sticker: "Arnold Art Store and Gallery/ established 1870/210 Thames Street Newport, RI"
© 2017 The Little Compton Historical Society