The Little Compton Historical Society

Photograph

Display: List / Grid
Page 63 of 71
Display:
Sort By:
Postcard
2008.0477
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph of the Joseph Brownell House at 54 South of Commons in Little Compton RI. A typical mid-19th century dwelling , 1 3/4 story with a 5 bay facade. For more detailed information about this house see "Historic and Architectural Resources of Little Compton" published by the Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission in 1990 pg 68.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0819
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. House with a wooden fence at the Commons in Little Compton RI . For more detailed information about this house see "Historic and Architectural Resources of Little Compton" published by the Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission in 1990 pg 44. (# 2 Commons) The Old Meeting House operated as an inn and restaurant in the 1950s and 1960s.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0394
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph of two 1 1/2 story shingled houses at an unknown location in Little Compton. There is an open field and stonewall in the foreground and a barn in the background.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0736
Postcard
Color photomechanical postcard. Photograph of Sakonnet Harbor in Little Compton RI. Large sailboats are moored in the harbor near the breakwater. 1938 postmark.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0313
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph of a young woman (identified on back as Bessie Gray) with a feeding bucket with 6 or 7 calves. In the background are open fields, three trees and the Sakonnet River.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0656
Postcard
Black and white photomechanical postcard. Photograph of the Sakonnet Hotel ( also at other times named Lyman House, Lyman Hotel, Lyman's Ye Sakonnet Inn, The Lyman, Ye Sakonnet Inn, Sakonnet Inn at times) at Sakonnet Point in Little Compton RI. Three story hotel with a central tower. One level porch on the front and sides. This building was located on the West Side of Rhode Island Avenue at Sakonnet Point. It was demolished in the 1930s. Title is not correct - this view is looking South or Southwest.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0575
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph looking south from Brimstone Hill Farm at 228 West Main Rd in Little Compton R.I.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0493
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph of the Sylvester Burgess house which once stood on the Commons in Little Compton RI. The house was demolished. The site is now the location of the Brownell Library at 44 Commons. The house is a 2 1/2 colonel with elm trees and pickets fences.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0835
Postcard
Black and white photomechanical postcard. Photograph of the Congregational Church on Little Compton RI Commons. The Old Burial Ground is in the foreground. For more detailed information about this building see "Historic and Architectural Resources of Little Compton" published by the Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission in 1990 pg 44. (# 1 Commons)
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Photograph
2007.0023
Photograph
Large black and white photographic print, copy. Framed and matted. Of Oldacre, house with dark shutters, dark colored wood spindle fence in foreground, three women, two men and a dog on the front porch, one woman by gate in foreground. White rock at left. Shows Oldacre after the house had just been rebuilt by Mrs. Buchard, c. 1900.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Photograph
2007.0024
Photograph
Large black and white photographic print, copy. Framed and matted. Of Oldacre, proper right yard, two women seated on semi-circular stairs with blurry dog. Shows Oldacre after the house had just been rebuilt by Mrs. Buchard, c. 1900.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Photograph
1997.0547
Photograph
Sepia toned photograph of windmill. Door to windmill is open and a man and young child are leaning against the entryway. A stonewall in background with a partial tree and building at proper right. Photo is housed in a white mat. Written in pencil along bottom of mat: "Wind Mill on B.F. Wilbour Farm West Road/Once on site of Sakonnet Cemetery/Moved across road, later part of Mill House." About 1886 moved nearer road and made into Mill House. Sydney Burleigh worked on design and did some art work inside. Item was treated by The Northeast Document Conservation Center in 1983.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
There are no items to list in this category.
Powered By The Digital Ark
© 2018 The Little Compton Historical Society