The Little Compton Historical Society

Photograph

Display: List / Grid
Page 4 of 71
Display:
Sort By:
Postcard
2008.0439
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph of the harbor at Sakonnet Point RI. In the harbor or cove are 8 catboats at anchor. Two men are shown, one on a catboat and the other in a rowboat. In the background are houses on the east side of the harbor. 1911 postmark.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0374
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph of house on Shaw Road (on the northeast corner with Long Pasture Road in Little Compton RI. 2 1/2 story house with a front porch and surrounded by small trees.For more detailed information about this house see "Historic and Architectural Resources of Little Compton" published by the Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission in 1990 pg 64.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0637
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph of the east end of the Commons in Little Compton RI. Buildings include a house, telephone office and stores. Elm trees line the road.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0474
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph of the harbor at Sakonnet Point RI. In the harbor or cove are catboats and fishing boats at anchor. One man is in a rowboat. In the background are houses on the east side of the harbor. In the foreground on the shore are lobster pots and fishing gear.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0424
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph of the view east to South Shore Beach from the porch of the Sisson House at 97 South Shore Road in Little Compton RI. For more detailed information about this house see "Historic and Architectural Resources of Little Compton" published by the Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission in 1990 pg 69. Postcard images of this house 2008.0375, 2008.0376, 2008.0404 and 2008.0425
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0277
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph looking South from Little Compton RI Commons. First building on the left is gone. Next building was a general store then a restaurant called many names including The Common's Lunch. That building burned down and was replaced by a new resturant The Common's Restaurant Next buildings were carriage sheds for the Congregational Church. Last building was a general store. There are elm trees, stonewalls and a horse and wagon.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0375
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph of house at 97 South Shore Road in Little Compton RI. 2 1/2 story house with large barn and corn crib (partially shown to right) Stonewall and two children in the foreground with small animal houses. For more detailed information about this house see "Historic and Architectural Resources of Little Compton" published by the Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission in 1990 pg 69.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0638
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph of Josehine F. Wilbur School at the Commons in Little Compton R.I. For more detailed information about this building see "Historic and Architectural Resources of Little Compton", page 45 - #28 Commons, published by the Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission in 1990.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0509
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph of the location of Peaked Top School on West Main Road in Little Compton RI. It is believed the triangular stone came from a house near Head of Westport in Westport Mass. Other rocks like it remain there on a decorative stonewall. Inscription is a line drawing of the school and the words Peaked Top 1725-1839
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0359
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph looking across Adamsville RI Pond. Buildings in the background across the pond. 1909 Postmark
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0296
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph of a house at 420 West Main Road know as "Old Acre" in Little Compton RI. Photograph shows the intersection of West Main Road and Meeting House Lane with part of the intersection grass covered triangle. The house is surrounded by elm trees and stonewalls. For more detailed information about this house see "Historic and Architectural Resources of Little Compton" published by the Rhode Island Historical Preservation Commission in 1990 pg 79.
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
Postcard
2008.0344
Postcard
Black and white photographic postcard. Photograph of "Kemah" on 125 Sakonnet Point Road in Little Compton RI. Photograph shows a large 2 1/2 story house with a third floor observation room. (This tower room has been removed)
unknown
Photograph
rating: 1 starsrating: 2 starsrating: 3 starsrating: 4 starsrating: 5 stars
There are no items to list in this category.
Powered By The Digital Ark
© 2017 The Little Compton Historical Society